House of Zathras

Zathras understand. .. No. Zathras not understand, but Zathras do. Zathras good at doings, not understandings.

Monday, August 14, 2006

A question about PT Cruisers

A couple of years back I was in an accident (not my fault!). We had to have a rental car while we were waiting on the car. The gave us a PT Cruiser (this for a family of six!!) I was too nervous driving around that tiny car...I felt so vulnerable. There was nothing to that car. I could reach over and lock the passenger side door...and with as short as I am, that tells you something about the size of the vehicle. =HC= graciously offered to drive it in the interim, and I drove his truck (I love that man!!!). And since =HC= is almost a foot taller than me, watching him get into that vehicle was kind of amazing! (I really, really love that man!) Anyway, I don't see how anyone can feel safe in that tiny car. And I've noticed something else about PT Cruisers and their owners....they're all of a like political leaning - Democrats. (Nothing against Democrats. I was a Democrat until Clinton was re-elected. Many members of my family are Democrats.) Maybe it's just something in my area. But I'm just interested to know: do you or anybody you know drive a PT Cruiser? If so, what are their political leanings? Update: Watch this crash test video of the PT Cruiser. Most of these are done at 35 mph. Watch how the PT Cruiser flies up in the air and slings around. The front of the car is flattened almost to the windshield. Unh,unh, not me, no way. I understand about gas prices, but isn't your family's safety more important? Speaking of the cost of gas, =HC= and I are getting a bumper sticker for the back of our Suburban:

It just cost me $12 to pass you!

3 Comments:

Anonymous vw bug said...

Nope, don't know anyone with a PT Cruiser... something about being a mom and having kids or an old man... keeps you away from them. ;-)

8/15/2006 01:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Bou said...

My blog daughter Sissy got in a wreck while driving one. And it has the company logo painted all over it. It was a company car. The story in itself is pretty funny, but other than that one, I don't know anyone who drives one. We all drive mini-vans or trucks around here...

8/15/2006 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger Mrs_Who said...

VW...yeah, it's not a kid-friendly car at all.

Bou: I'm guessing Sissy was okay since she's still around!! (You are okay, aren't you Sissy?)

8/16/2006 08:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home