House of Zathras

Zathras understand. .. No. Zathras not understand, but Zathras do. Zathras good at doings, not understandings.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Stay on target....

I normally don't shop at Target for two reasons: 1) It's out of the way. and 2) It's owned by the French. But I have found a reason to like Target ---- Market Pantry milk. A couple of weeks ago, Princess No begged me to go to Target. She had received a gift card for there. So, we went. While I was there, I figured I'd might as well pick up a couple gallons of milk. (We go through about a gallon a day...at 3 bucks a gallon, that's $90 bucks a month on milk!!! We need a friggin' cow in the backyard.) We get home, and I decide to have a bedtime snack of milk and cookies. With the Target milk. I took a swig, and immediately made a face. Maybe it's the frenchiness of it, but it didn't. taste. right. It wasn't necessarily bad, like it was spoilt or anything, but it just didn't. taste. right. Sort of like it was some kind of flavored milk. I figured that jug was bad, and got rid of it. We opened the next jug. Same. Weird. Taste. But I wasn't going to throw it away, since it wasn't 'bad'. I wasn't going to waste any more money. Well, I had decided that I wouldn't buy anymore sissified milk. Until I realized something. The jug of milk lasted more than a day. It lasted almost THREE DAYS!! I didn't think milk could stay fresh that long, lol. The kids would tolerate it on their cereal, but wouldn't swig it like water when they were thirsty. I could cut my milk costs in half or more!!! Happy days are here again!!! I just wish I didn't have to be grateful to the French about this.

1 Comments:

Blogger overactive-imagination said...

I haven't tried Target milk, heck, I didn't know Target sold milk! but we don't like the wal-mart brand milk, it has a funny taste to it too. I love Barber's but when I was at wal-mart last week, it was $4.89 a gallon...can you believe that? and we complain about the price of gas!!!
Dawn

11/01/2006 11:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home